MX85 - Licence Renewal

Solved
MatiasF
Just browsing

MX85 - Licence Renewal

Hello Community,

Greetings from Portugal!

I have a doubt about licence, and cannot find the answer.

If we have a MX95, with licence ending in Dec/23, and we want to renew it in May, this will be ok ? After ending in December, the new one applies? Or extend the final date (Dec/23) for the new one?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think you will want to delay ordering your license to extend that MX, given:

When does a license start to burn (start ticking)? 

A license will start to burn in one of two cases:

1. The customer associates the license to a device. 
  2. It has been 90 days since the license was purchased and the license is unclaimed.

You will lose license time ordering that early.     The Q & A is taken from here: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs#Per-Device_L...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is your Dashboard Organization using the Co-termination or Per Device Licensing model?   (It will tell you under Organization > Configure > License info)

Per Device Licensing model

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think you will want to delay ordering your license to extend that MX, given:

When does a license start to burn (start ticking)? 

A license will start to burn in one of two cases:

1. The customer associates the license to a device. 
  2. It has been 90 days since the license was purchased and the license is unclaimed.

You will lose license time ordering that early.     The Q & A is taken from here: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs#Per-Device_L...

MatiasF
Just browsing

Thanks for the answer,

So is not possible to do what i thinking.

Need to renew at the correct time.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The exception would maybe be if you have lots of devices (maybe a whole dashboard?) coming up for renewal, in which case the economy of scale through volume purchasing might offset the time.   Maybe have a chat with your Meraki account team about your all-around situation..?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels