MS425 OSPF flapping after upgrading to firmware version MS16.8

HendrikvdM3
Conversationalist

MS425 OSPF flapping after upgrading to firmware version MS16.8

We have a stack 2 x MS425 with OSPF setup as connection to one of our datacenters, Hello1 Dead4.

This has been configured like this for the last 3 years and the OSPF neighbors' adjacencies has been stable with no alerts.

After upgrading the Stack to the latest stable version there is now alerts on the MS425 stack and the neighbors they are connected to.

There is no notable impact as the negotiation to reestablish the neighbors is sub 10ms. 

Has anyone experience the same?

Event logs from MS425

HendrikvdM3_0-1715055606345.png

Logs from Nexus

HendrikvdM3_1-1715055708204.png

4 Replies 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Morning @HendrikvdM3 .  Is the link stable between your network and the DC hence the constant OSPF db change?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Yes, dual dark fibers are stable with no issues. The alerts started immediately after the upgrade, before there were no alerts regarding OSPF.

There are no performance issues and due to the quick renegotiation, no impact, the office of +-700 people has not noticed any issues.

Could just be cosmetic but worth a call into support for their opinion and a look under the hood.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Looks and feels like a bug as the version mentioned a fix relating to MS425 Fixed issues:

-Addressed an issue where OSPF Adjacency was stuck in the Exchange state during OSPF/BIRD initialization

HendrikvdM3_0-1715061545400.jpeg

Have had support involved and waiting for further feedback.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.