MS425 L3 inter VLAN Traffic Monitoring

Solved
MichelRueger
Building a reputation

MS425 L3 inter VLAN Traffic Monitoring

Hi All

We have a MS425 Core Switch hosting around 30 VLAN's. I need to be able to Monitor how much and witch InterVLAN traffic is happening to design future ACL.

AS of today I know Netflow is still not possible on MS425 Switch. Does somebody ha a good idea how I could Monitor the inter VLAN traffic for about a Week?

Regards Michel Rueger

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is a bit tough. I think you would need to set up a temporary machine with WireShark, mirror port(s) to it to capture the traffic, and then leave a long-running capture going.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could try the traffic analytics. https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Switch_Traffic_Analytics

I supose you can also mirror trunkports to you access switches. And then put some network monitoring tool like ntopng on that port.

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-17 um 12.32.41.png

Yes, but 🙂 you see where the traffic goes to but not from where it comes 😞 even if you export it to excel you denote have more infos.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is a bit tough. I think you would need to set up a temporary machine with WireShark, mirror port(s) to it to capture the traffic, and then leave a long-running capture going.

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Thanks for the Tip. I hoped there is something like Netflow 😞 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.