MS250-48FP switch ports weird issue

Solved
Hassan124
Conversationalist

MS250-48FP switch ports weird issue

I am noticing  most of the active ports in switch-MS250-48FP running on firmware  MS 15.21.1  is  showing "STP discarding Packets" messages. When we connect  any device on few port then we are seeing error "STP discarding packet from this port" . But when we tried the same device on another meraki switch it is working fine. Has anyone experience the same issue. 

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried with another firmware version? I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried with another firmware version? I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The first thing to do/try is update to the latest MS stable firmware version. That along with the reboot might clear the issue.

You might also want to review the use cases for each of the STP guard modes https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Configuring_Spanning_Tree_on_Meraki_.... Root guard and Loop guard aren't recommended on ports for end devices like APs and phones.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Hassan124
Conversationalist

I opened a support case as it is impacting more ports,  now it is with Development team they are analyzing the logs shared.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels