MS220-8P - donated - full reset

NickHvy
Conversationalist

MS220-8P - donated - full reset

Hi. We're a charity and were recently donated a MS220-8P as we have a need for a small PoE switch. It appears that this switch is still "registered" to the previous owner. In addition, we can't afford a full cloud management licence and just want to use it as a "dumb" PoE switch (yes I know it's overkill but beggars can't be choosers :-)). How can we do a full reset and manage it locally? Pushing the restore button for 10-15 seconds still won't allow us to connect via the 1.1.1.100 IP address. I'm not a network engineer - far from it - but any help would be awesome! Thanks so much in advance!

NH

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have to contact the previous owner and ask them to remove It for you from the current organization.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
redsector
Head in the Cloud

Yes, as just told I am afraid but without releasing the switch from the old owners dashboard you are not able to use it. Can´t you buy an cheap switch in the shop? It´s less expensive than a licence for an Meraki switch.

NickHvy
Conversationalist

Thanks for the very fast feedback. I've contacted the previous owner and asked him to remove it from his organisation. I'll see if that helps and report back. Thanks again!

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @NickHvy , where are you based?  If UK I have a PoE switch you can have.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
NickHvy
Conversationalist

Hi @DarrenOC. Yep we’re in the UK. Redcar in the north-east to be precise. Your offer sounds awesome!

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @NickHvy , please email me at doconnor@resalire.co.uk with the charity details and address and I’ll sort this out.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note you can't use is as a dumb switch - you must buy a licence for it to work.

Charity pricing is available.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nice work @DarrenOC it's great to see equipment being re-used.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels