MS130 switches causing UDLD errors

redsector
Head in the Cloud

MS130 switches causing UDLD errors

I have a few MS130-8X switches and they are causing UDLD-errors at the port of the connected switch. Anybody here with the same issue? The uplink goes to an MS120 switch. The MS120 reports UDLD error on the port where the MS130 is connected.

5 Replies 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this when using the SFP ports and a fibre?  We have a MS130-12X connected to an MS355-48X, but over copper.  That combination doesn't have an issue.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

connected by copper.

I did open an case for this issue. Will inform you as soon I have more information.

Meraki is still working on this issue. Ticket / case is in work.

joopv
Getting noticed

Are you sure that the cabling is OK?  If you ruled that out then ...

In rare circumstances, there are UDLD errors and spanning tree errors caused by a physical issue at the component level on only MS120's. It seemed to mainly be effecting ports 10/11, but after searching I do see some other scenarios where this happened with ports 3. The issue should only impact negotiation at 10 and 100mbps

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Shure good cables, I testet several used and new cables. Issue on alle copper ports. Issue occures also when connected with 1Gig speed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels