MS130 switch templates

Solved
chris674
Just browsing

MS130 switch templates

Hello,

We just purchased a number of Meraki MS130 switches and plan to start the installation of these in February.  I am planning to use Meraki templates in the dashboard to complete this task and make switch provisioning close to plug and play.  Is there a roadmap as to when the MS130 templates are going to be available in the dashboard?  I see that model of switch not in the list.  I'm unsure if I'm not seeing it because we do not have these in our inventory yet, or if they just aren't available as of today.  We've contacted our SEs and they have said they are digging into it, but have not heard anything back.  Hopefully a Meraki development engineer is looking through the forum.  If anyone has deployed MS130s, did you have templates available after the switches were part of your inventory?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

I understand, it really takes a while, you'll still have to wait as it's a recent purchase.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hey,

The switches are already in your inventory, right?

Very strange, could you send us a screenshot?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Hey,

They are not in my inventory as of yet, as the PO was issued last week.  That's where I'm thinking I can't see the template until they are in inventory?  I'm having a hard time finding that out.  I'd like to do as much pre-work as I can with configuration.

chris674_1-1702505849594.png

I understand, it really takes a while, you'll still have to wait as it's a recent purchase.

Ah ok, thank you!  I'm surprised my SE did not advise me of this, I couldn't find much on the specific templates in the help docs.

Ah, one thing I forgot to mention is that as far as I know you need to add the switches manually with the serial number or purchase order number, they are not added automatically.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels