MS130 switch licensing

Solved
WarrenG
Getting noticed

MS130 switch licensing

For the life of me I can't figure this one out. Looking to purchase an MS130-24P switch and trying to figure out what license I need to purchase to go with it. The CCW portal has two possible options, but neither of them seem to be a perfect fit:

• LIC-MS130-CMPT-3Y
  • LIC-MS130-24-3Y

I have no idea what the CMPT license is or why I might need it. Google seemed equally stumped by that one.

The second one listed above appears to have the "24" designation but there is no "24P" option anywhere to be found, which is what I need. What gives Meraki and why is this so confusing?

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A bit of a silly SKU but:

• LIC-MS130-CMPT-3Y = Licenses for the MS130-8 (CMPT = Compact)
  • LIC-MS130-24-3Y = Licenses for the MS130-24 switch

The 24 license is applicable for all variations of the switch (24,24P and 24X)

Link to the datasheet where it is outlined: https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/MS_Overview_and_Specifications/MS130_Datasheet#Licensing

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A bit of a silly SKU but:

• LIC-MS130-CMPT-3Y = Licenses for the MS130-8 (CMPT = Compact)
  • LIC-MS130-24-3Y = Licenses for the MS130-24 switch

The 24 license is applicable for all variations of the switch (24,24P and 24X)

Link to the datasheet where it is outlined: https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/MS_Overview_and_Specifications/MS130_Datasheet#Licensing

WarrenG
Getting noticed

Thanks for that - still not very intuitive on Meraki's part, but at least I think I get it now 👍

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And once MS19 comes out, there will also be an "Advanced" option for the MS130X models.

SKU explosion.

Thank for that. Any idea what additional functionality the advanced license will cover?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.