Cisco Phones Profiling fails on Cisco ISE

Fednot
New here

Cisco Phones Profiling fails on Cisco ISE

Hello,

Cisco Phone profiling seems to fail on ports using a dot1x access policy since the latest upgrade to version MS16.7 (MS225-48LP), Is suspect. RADIUS is Cisco ISE deployment v3.. I have one Cisco phone that has been authenticated since the setup of the switches and I have used it as a test device, works like a charm.

The authentication for newly attached Cisco phones fails.

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried importing your CUCM certificates into the ISE list of trusted certificates?

I ask because I had the same problem last year and it partially resolved it, as the older phones I ended up switching to MAB.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for the reply and feedback. I don"t see a relation... since the newly connected Cisco phone is profiled as "Cisco Device", and the one I had been testing with is profiled as "Cisco-IP-Phone-<TYPE>"... the issue must lie at CDP, LLDP or DHCP level, since that is what is used to profile the phone

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels