Sense Licenses for Cameras

Wild_Ace
Comes here often

Sense Licenses for Cameras

We have over 1200 MV Cameras throughout our organization. With our Meraki account we deployed the 10 Free Sense licenses to various cameras throughout.  Heck if I can find the documentation.  🤬🤦🏼‍ How can I find which cameras in our organization are using up the licenses? 

4 Replies 4
mlefebvre
Building a reputation

You can use this API call to find out which devices have Sense enabled

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-device-camera-sense/

or if you are forwarding to an MQTT broker, you can look for the serial numbers under the topic /merakimv/{SERIAL} on the broker

in the future, I would recommend tagging the devices or networks with something like "mvsense" to make them easier to find.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

See if you can search the Organisation Change log for an event of a licence being applied to a camera.  You might need to apply a licence to see what kind of change is logged so you know what to search on.

PhilipDAth_0-1697484943455.png

Larry_Woods
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Without going to each camera in your dashbard individually, your best option is doing the API like mlefebvre suggested with that many cameras.  I would highly recommend maybe using TAGS on the cameras that have it because you are right, there is no way currently to show a list of cameras with MV Sense (or even MQTT) enabled in dashboard today.  Hoping we can do something in the Camera List View where you currently can filter on MV Cloud Archive and which cameras have it enabled or not to atleast give some sort of filtering view.  I have brought this up with the product team.

Julian
Getting noticed

same problem here... with the api you must ask by each camera serial number... and with the changelog you cannot see more than 1 year. a place to check where is applied the license can be nice.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.