Motion Alert Email - Motion recap image has expired

Solved
ShawnWillard
Here to help

Motion Alert Email - Motion recap image has expired

Has anyone experienced this with a motion alert email.  It was about an hour and a half from when I received the email until I viewed the email.  (Enable restricted bandwidth mode is set to NO.

Capture.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

I'm wondering if it's the email template that's messed up because I think it shouldn't even be sending motion recap alerts.  According to this blog on Meraki's site, only the second generation cameras support it.  So the MV21 /MV71 shouldn't have it at all. 

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2019/06/a-revolutionary-way-to-not-watch-video/

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ShawnWillard  No I haven't seen this, I would open a support ticket. Is your camera running the latest firmware?

I am running MV 3.30.  It seems to be only my MV71 cameras that have this issue.  All of my MV12/22 cameras are reporting just fine.

ncowger
Here to help

I'm seeing the same thing on all of my emails for my camera, it apparently expires a minute or two after it's captured.  MV21

@ShawnWillard  and @ncowger  is this a recent issue or have you had it for some time? 

From some recent issues that various users have had I am guessing Meraki updated some things on their dashboards back-end and this and another issue thats come up because of that.

I would both open a support case and reference this topic so that Meraki can see the problem is affecting you both and hopefully find a pattern for the cause.

Good luck!

I'm wondering if it's the email template that's messed up because I think it shouldn't even be sending motion recap alerts.  According to this blog on Meraki's site, only the second generation cameras support it.  So the MV21 /MV71 shouldn't have it at all. 

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2019/06/a-revolutionary-way-to-not-watch-video/

VuongNguyen
Conversationalist

By default, your motion alert email will include a motion recap image that corresponds to the relevant event. More on Motion Recap here. However, if you have Restricted Bandwidth Mode enabled, you will not see an image.

I will open a ticket up just to see what Meraki says.  Thanks everyone.  It is always nice when someone else is having a similar issue.

@ShawnWillard  Let us know how you get on. I dont have motion notifications setup as the only camera I have is in a high traffic area and I don't want to get bombarded with emails. 

Contacted Meraki and indeed it was a template issue that has now been fixed.  Thanks everyone!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.