MV22 Blinking Red, Offline

Solved
EJN
A model citizen

MV22 Blinking Red, Offline

I have a camera that went offline all of a sudden and now it's blinking red. I tried the following:

1) Reboot on camera

2) Different port on switch

3) Reset button on camera

From the moment I power on the camera it starts blinking red. The camera is also very high temperature.

I submitted a case to support, but wanted to ask here as well.

Thanks,

Esteban

MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
1 Accepted Solution
EJN
A model citizen

Support did an RMA and replacement camera arrives this week. Will send damaged camera back to Meraki.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Ironically I can't seem to locate anything documentation wise that would indicate what a 'red LED' means for the camera lol. I would imagine its bricked.

Have you tried removing it from the network and re-adding it?

Also, if its connected to a Meraki switch, run a quick packet capture, or mirror another port and capture it on your computer to see if its sending any data at all.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Just occurred to me, maybe the red you see is actually 'amber'

Solid Amber - MV has an issue and may need replacement.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Physical_Installation/MV22_Installation_Guide

Support is your best option at this point if that is the case, and they will easily RMA it for you.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

It's not solid. It's blinking amber / red. Fast blink and very high temp (uncomfortable to hold). Got update from support and they are doing RMA. I wonder what the cause is, but not going to worry about it unless it happens again.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Self destruct mode?, maybe is saw something it wishes it hadn't......

@BlakeRichardson wrote:

Self destruct mode?, maybe is saw something it wishes it hadn't......

Solution

GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Where and how was the camera deployed?

EJN
A model citizen

Interior, school building, PoE cable from camera to switch. I have about 20 cameras connected to the switch.

Upon cable connection/run, I connected camera and let it go through boot-up sequence, firmware update, SSD formatting, etc. It was working fine for a number of weeks, until this incident. I think the trigger was a power cycle on the switch (switch went off/on).

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

Support did an RMA and replacement camera arrives this week. Will send damaged camera back to Meraki.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.