Export Video - Error

Solved
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Export Video - Error

First time trying to export a video clip, and I'm getting retries and errors.

On the same network as the camera.

Any run into this before?

22222.jpg

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
1 Accepted Solution

Got it. so either something is blocking or redirecting as @PhilipDAth mentioned or check items like TCP/30001 outbound.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never exported video before except to play with.  I have found with some of the earlier cameras like the MV21 I have to give them a reboot every now and then to keep them working nicely.

So, I hate to say it, have you tried giving it a reboot?

I'll give that a shot

Its an MV12W for reference, and it is on 3.29
TwitterLinkedIn

Rebooted

Still no luck

bah humbug

8888.JPG

TwitterLinkedIn

I think I saw this issue when I first deployed our MV device. My solution was to reboot the camera device, log out of the Meraki dashboard, log in, and attempt to export.

I believe exports still go upstream to the cloud (and back down) even though you're local on the LAN. I would check outbound rules.

@NolanHerring is there at least 1Mbps of bandwidth, similar to the rule-of-thumb requirement when using MV Cloud Archive?  I've heard of a known issue where insufficient bandwidth can cause the export to fail before completion.  It's being looked into, I don't have a status.  If you're viewing video already, then I would not expect any firewall issue to be the cause, because the export is going to happen over the same TLS/SSL connection as your video when viewing via the cloud proxy, so I'd assume you've already got TCP/30001 open and working, so that's not related to exports failing.  My only guess might be limited bandwidth, but perhaps open a case, to confirm or deny you're hitting a known issue and if so perhaps get a timeframe update.

@MerakiDave 

We have 1Gbps symmetrical circuit here for Internet thankfully.

I've always viewed the feed with local LAN connection, as I'm on the same network/vlan (switch stack for that matter).

However I'm starting to lean towards firewall because I also found out that I am unable to get Cloud Proxy to load (so that I can view the camera feed from outside our network). Me thinks this is also causing an issue with the exportation process.

I'll have to hit up security team. 😃

Thanks !!

TwitterLinkedIn

You don't use a proxy server, Cisco umbrella, antivirus of anything else that redirects or intercepts the requests?

Got it. so either something is blocking or redirecting as @PhilipDAth mentioned or check items like TCP/30001 outbound.

Port 30001 was indeed being blocked, and just allowed it, now cloud proxy video stream works, and exporting video too.

Thanks again !
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.