MT40 - Suitable gateway not available for sending this command

NetEngJH
Here to help

MT40 - Suitable gateway not available for sending this command

I have just purchased an MT40 sensor, which is connected to a MR56 Access Point via Bluetooth.  When I try to issue power commands on it I get the following message:

Power Command Failed

A suitable gateway was not available for sending this command. If this error persists, ensure that you're running the latest firmware and your gateways are online.

I have a support case going nowhere.  Has anyone encountered such an issue before that can help?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Make sure your MR56 Access Point is online and within range.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Definitely in range.

Are you running the stable version on both MT and MR? If so, it's best to wait for support, assuming they will have better visibility of the problem.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
NetEngJH
Here to help

Looks like a firmware version, have upgraded my MR56 AP to latest firmware and appears to now be working.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.