MT14 Vaping Detection

WV_Wells
Conversationalist

MT14 Vaping Detection

Has anyone come across the TVOC and/or PM 2.5 threshold values for vaping? I can't seem to find even ballpark numbers for this.

5 Replies 5
Soichiro-Ono
Getting noticed

Hello.

I hope these are helpful.

MT14 Datasheet - Indoor Air Quality Monitor - Cisco Meraki

>Technical Specifications:

MT14 Air Quality Sensor Metrics Explained - Cisco Meraki

Regard,

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際にはkudoをクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、accept as solutionをクリックしてください。

Hi - Thanks for the reply. I have seen these documents and they do not answer my question. What is a good baseline value to detect vaping? Is it in the Poor range or Inadequate, and at what point? 

Hello.

You can see a threshold here, is that not the point of view you're looking for?

SoichiroOno_0-1678416019084.png

Regard,

If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

No, it just gives a range of air quality. What value would vaping first be detected? I understand there are a lot of variables involved, but where is a good place to set your threshold, so someone is not reacting too often to other TVOCs, etc. Is at 3000, 10000, in between? For now, I have chosen 3000 for TVOC...

Ah, now it's not a vaping-specific measurement, so asking Meraki for the information you want would be difficult. One way to do this is to offer a “Make a wish” to create a separate display for vaping.

One way to do this is to offer a “Make a wish” to create a separate display for vaping.

Currently, the display is not targeted to vaping, so it is not possible to limit the display (set a threshold) of information to just the vaping substances that you are looking for, and to specify which of these indicators The information about whether or not it was detected will not be made public beyond what is stated in the documentation. As user demand increases and development priority increases, it will be able to independently measure, threshold, and display in line with vaping metrics.

Regard,

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.