Bluetooth radio

Ozzy10
New here

Bluetooth radio

Is the bluetooth radio in the MR44 the same as the MR36?

7 Replies 7
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The functionality is the same between models, is there a specific need for info about the Bluetooth radio?

If we want to develop a protocol for the integfration of our bluetooth devices, do we need to build 1 or 2 protocols or can we use the same?

I think it will depend on what you're looking to achieve from the integration.

The standard set of Bluetooth tools are covered here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Low_Energy_(BLE)#Bluetooth_clients

If you need to explore anything else, in great depth, I suggest you reach out to your Meraki account team.    Contact details are available through the Dashboard under  Help (or ?)   Top right    > Get help >  Still need help? > Contact your Meraki sales representative

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, both the CiscoMR44 and MR36 access points have a 2.4 GHz BLE radio with Beacon and BLE scanning support. So it's probably the same radio.

MR44 Datasheet - Cisco Meraki Documentation

MR36 Datasheet - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I ask because I want to be sure that the blue tooth radio needs to support the same protocol

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The functionality of the radio is the same between models 😊 should you face any issues I'd recommend reaching out to Support.

What protocol(s) are you interested in?   BLE functionality is basically the same.   You may find some difference if you need a bespoke solution such as Electronic Shelf Labelling (though not between MR36 and MR44 specifically)
See the Note here:  https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Deployment_Guides/SES-imagotag_Electronic_Shelf_Labels_(ESL)_Int...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.