vMX AWS Deployment - Wrong IP?

LeighH
Just browsing

vMX AWS Deployment - Wrong IP?

Hello all,

We've deployed a vMX into AWS, but it seems to be on the wrong IP.  In the Uplink Config, it shows us the right IP of 172.21.23.159 that we gave it during the build, but when we go to advertise the address, it only shows a 192.168.128.1 address.

Anyone had this before??

Best, Leigh

Assigned IPAssigned IPAvailable IPAvailable IP

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you follow the Deployment Guide?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/MX_Installation_Guides/vMX_Setup_Guide_for_Amazon_Web_Services_(...)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yep - to the letter 😞

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Looks like the unit is in routed mode, which is the new default.

> All new vMXs deployed post October, 31, 2022 will be deployed in Routed/NAT Mode by default, existing vMX deployments will not be effectedIf you wish to use the vMX in passthrough mode, please change the deployment settings to Passthrough or VPN Concentrator mode from the Security & SD-WAN > Configure > Addressing & VLANs page

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/vMX_NAT_Mode_Use_Cases_and_FAQ

Hi Connor,

Thanks for the note - it is in routed mode, I'll get it altered to one-arm concentrator and go from there.

Best, Leigh

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Tihs is the bit tht sucks - to change the mode you have to delete and redeploy (set the mode prior to re-deploying).

In routed mode AutoVPN clients can access servers in AWS, but servers in AWS can not originate traffic to clients.  Most customers want to be able to originate traffic in both directions, however if you don't have this requirement then you can leave it as is.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels