WAN2 on MX100 shows as disconnected

Holli69
Getting noticed

WAN2 on MX100 shows as disconnected

I've configured the Port 2 of our MX100 from LAN to WAN as the WAN2 connection, which is connected to a Draytek DSL modem. The DSL modem works fine, DSL Informations at modem side are good.

The problem is that the MX100 shows the WAN2 Port as disconnected with latest stable FW 18.107.2 as well as FW 17.10.9 ( no green port icon).Cabeling checked and changed cable, but same result.We also change the DSL modem, but with same result. LAN/WAN port2 is enabled.

What do you think, maybe the port is broken ?

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case to check.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you get a green light if you plug the cable into another port on the MX (I know it won't work as as WAN port), or if you plug another device into port 2 on the MX?

Holli69
Getting noticed

Other ports get a green light when I connect a device, if I connet a device to the reverted WAN2 Port of MX100 there is no green light, nothing is shown as connected

Crocker
Building a reputation

I've seen some behavior like this on a few of our MX67's, it seems like WAN2 just goes numb even if everything should work. A physical reboot of the MX resolves it, if it's what I've seen before (rebooting via the dashboard doesn't do it)

DavidCameron
Comes here often

Could the MX100 WAN2 Port be faulty, remaining disconnected despite cable and modem changes?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels