Site-to-Site VPN Hub traffic

Solved
diablo24
Building a reputation

Site-to-Site VPN Hub traffic

Hi,

I have a question regarding when a Hub gets traffic destined for outside the VPN. How does that traffic leave the Hub?

Thanks in advance,

-Jerome

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you elaborate more on your question please?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
diablo24
Building a reputation

How does the VPN get routes outside the VPN?

As @RaphaelL said that depends on your configuration. But the most common is via the default route.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi, 

By leaving the hub you mean by which interface ? if so that depends on your configuration : https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/VPN_Concentrator_Deployment_Guide

diablo24
Building a reputation

What I'm trying to find which isn't very clear any one doc is, if a spoke wanted to leave the VPN, how does the hub get that traffic outside. (i.e. is it using the default route in the routing table? or is it using some other mechanism? WAN1/2?)

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels