Reboot on lost cloud connection

bluecat
Here to help

Reboot on lost cloud connection

I have some Z3C devices in remote locations using cellular as the primary uplink. It would be good to apply a rule to force the device to reboot if it desconnects from the mobile network and Meraki cloud, which is more likely than when on a wired network.

It seems Meraki have removed this option in a previous firmware. Is there any other way to achieve this?

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Behavior_during_Conn...

3 Replies 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

It's a catch-22. You need cloud to reboot, but you want to reboot if you lose the cloud. I wonder if support is able to re-enable it for you. Maybe they can tweak the timer as well from 4 hours to like 30 minutes or something so its not down too long.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I tried support but they said it wasn't available and to "make a wish". Don't really understand why they removed the option as seems like a good idea to me.

Well that is lame. They should at least leave it as a toggle for people who ask for it, but as usual, someone with the authority knows better than the customers.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.