New to Meraki - Transfer Device

Solved
SchroCo
Conversationalist

New to Meraki - Transfer Device

I'm with a small MSP and we recently replaced a Meraki for a new client. We'd like to log on and look at the old config to make sure we didn't miss anything when setting up the replacement firewall. How do I go about transferring the device to our account so that we can use the Meraki dashboard?

1 Accepted Solution
Nash
Kind of a big deal

No, not really. That'd be a violation of privacy.

What you could do is either a) ask the old MSP for a read-only account so you can grab the config, or b) ask the old MSP to run @PhilipDAth's backup script. Then you can tweak the resulting script so it'll load onto the new equipment you've setup.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Nash
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to be added as an administrator to your client's existing firewall's dashboard, by someone who has administrator access.

SchroCo
Conversationalist

Thanks! They have a leasing company and an old MSP. Is there anywhere I can see where this particular serial number is registered?

Nash
Kind of a big deal

No, not really. That'd be a violation of privacy.

What you could do is either a) ask the old MSP for a read-only account so you can grab the config, or b) ask the old MSP to run @PhilipDAth's backup script. Then you can tweak the resulting script so it'll load onto the new equipment you've setup.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.