MX84 auto power off and powered on again after 3 minutes

Khairil
Here to help

MX84 auto power off and powered on again after 3 minutes

Hi guys, have you ever experience the device that automatically and comes back online after 3 minutes. I suspect it was due to high temperature as the server rack is full with other equipments and stacked closely to each other. I have a few questions about this

1) How do we check or monitor the device temperature?

2) What is the threshold or the exact number of the device temperature which have been set, to trigger the device for an automatic shutdown?  

3) Is there are any other options that have been configured for an automatic shutdown such as high RAM or CPU utilization?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'd recommend to open a Support case and verify what happened.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

I've already open the case and get the standard answer to change power cable or source etc. We've already done that and device still rebooted occasionally, especially during peak office hour

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Khairil we use MT10 sensors in our comms rooms to monitor the temperature.  As long as they can see a Meraki AP or camera then they can connect.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels