MX Security Inquiry

Solved
Enrico_Romero
Here to help

MX Security Inquiry

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

I got an opportunity to present Cisco Meraki Security on one of our Partner's End User.

There are some inquiries about Meraki's Security Solution:

• Is it possible to place a Bandwidth Limitation for Groups/VLAN's?
  • In youtube, can Meraki Block the Category? (e.g. Allow Manufacturing Videos but block other kinds of Category)
  • When viewing Sites that has Advertisements, can Meraki Block those Ad's? (It will just show a White Picture and its not click-able)
  • Since Meraki has 10yrs License option, if in case the unit still has 10yrs and its about to approach End of Life. Is there a REFRESH program? (e.g. A Buy-Back program that will have less cost when getting the replacement)

They are also familiar with Meraki's AP.

But they have 1 question in mind and it has to do with MAC ADDRESS Binding per SSID.

Is it possible to have a MAC ADDRESS bonded to an SSID that has Traffic shaping? (e.g. MAC addresses of a certain group can only connect to a specific SSID, if they connect to a different SSID they won't have internet access).

I know this is a long post but I really appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

• In youtube, can Meraki Block the Category? (e.g. Allow Manufacturing Videos but block other kinds of Category)

No.

• When viewing Sites that has Advertisements, can Meraki Block those Ad's? (It will just show a White Picture and its not click-able)

There is a content category called "Web Advertisements",  I've never used it, but I expect it would block what it says.

• Since Meraki has 10yrs License option, if in case the unit still has 10yrs and its about to approach End of Life. Is there a REFRESH program? (e.g. A Buy-Back program that will have less cost when getting the replacement)

Discount programs come and go.  You should not enter into a 10 year transaction with any expectations.  Seriously though - would you really want a security appliance using 10 year old technology.  I would suggest shorter licences, like 5 years, and replace the device more regularly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

No.

There is a content category called "Web Advertisements",  I've never used it, but I expect it would block what it says.

Discount programs come and go.  You should not enter into a 10 year transaction with any expectations.  Seriously though - would you really want a security appliance using 10 year old technology.  I would suggest shorter licences, like 5 years, and replace the device more regularly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.