Hub to Hub communication is disabled !

IntrovertEngg
Getting noticed

Hub to Hub communication is disabled !

Hi,

I have a Meraki setup where I have 2 hubs.. two Meraki in Physical DC (Hub 1 & 2) and other two in Azure (Hub3 & 4).

Now both hub pairs are connected to spokes as Hub1-2 serves DC LAN subnets whereas Hub3-4 serves Azure Route.

This organization has "Hub to Hub communication is disabled" from the start because the client had an issue with an earlier organization setup (different org than this), so he made it mandatory for all future organizations to have hub to hub disabled. Given that the Hub1-2 cannot receive the Azure route advertised by the Hub3-4 in order to access Azure resources, a direct S2S VPN tunnel is formed between Azure GW and the DC FW. Recently there been some severe disconnections between Physical DC FW and Azure, with no resolution on the horizon but the impact occurring on a daily basis. Now, I believe If I was to enable Hub to Hub communication and disable tunnel from Physical DC to Azure; then, that Hub1-2 should begin receiving routes from Hub3-4 and the problem will be resolved. What is your take on this?

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would enable Hub to Hub communications and resolve any issues that come up.  It is just easier.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels