Finding Azure meraki MX device uplink IP Address

Solved
mrjelly
Here to help

Finding Azure meraki MX device uplink IP Address

Hello,

I have recently upgraded an azure meraki mx device to 18.107.5, when it rebooted, an uplink connection to another mx device failed on BGP (error 4).

I would like to know how I confirm the uplink ip address of the azure meraki mx device?

I can see from a packet capture that the other mx device is sending a bgp keep alive to a certain ip address within the uplink address range but getting back the following:

180 8.341042 10.102.3.17 10.102.3.20 TCP 66 179 → 52531 [ACK] Seq=1 Ack=20 Win=260 Len=0 TSval=3874707039 TSecr=357890449

any help would be great,

thank you

1 Accepted Solution
mrjelly
Here to help

Thank you for your response, yes I have.

This was an issue whereby a site to site vpn connection was not re established after a firmware update. Key to this was the reboot after the firmware update which highlighted some connectivity issues with a meraki device and a firewall.

However it is unknown if the protocols for re establishing site to site vpn have changed and this is why firstly it was able to establish and be maintained but after a reboot could not without changes.

thank you though, I will take this up with meraki support

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
mrjelly
Here to help

Thank you for your response, yes I have.

This was an issue whereby a site to site vpn connection was not re established after a firmware update. Key to this was the reboot after the firmware update which highlighted some connectivity issues with a meraki device and a firewall.

However it is unknown if the protocols for re establishing site to site vpn have changed and this is why firstly it was able to establish and be maintained but after a reboot could not without changes.

thank you though, I will take this up with meraki support

It is taking a lot of troubleshooting and is not a straight forward easy to summarise situation but hopefully what I have included helps if this issue comes up again. It's come down to a support ticket with Cisco Meraki looking at the routing between two meraki devices mentions and the primary and secondary routes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels