Feature request - MX traffic shaping rules based on incoming DSCP value and realtime queue

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Feature request - MX traffic shaping rules based on incoming DSCP value and realtime queue

Hi,

I like the fact that the MX can recognize a lot of traffic types to use prioritization on.
However apart from the default traffic shaping rules that can match on incoming DSCP tags (EF, AF41) I can't find a way in the custom expressions to match on DSCP values and use those to put those packets in the correct queue and limit that type's bandwidth.

I really also like explicit configurations and I have seen there is a realtime queue on the MX'es but you cannot explicitly configure it, it just takes on EF packets implicitly but I can never be sure that actually happens.  Maybe a dashboard feature showing the packets matching those queues and queue depth and usage statistics would be great also.  The wireless health feature has a nice breakdown on wireless access categories so why not the MX 😉

2 Replies 2
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hey @GIdenJoe . Make sure you Make a Wish, and log a Feature Request with your Meraki Sales or Account team. Posting here is not an official way to request anything from Meraki (though a lot of Meraki folks read the community so it does at least get into their brains on some level). 

Regarding the EF queue I do echo your requests for some kind of feedback loop so we can see that it's working, and what it is doing. But that said, in our lab testing here it pretty much does exactly what it advertises. It's a priority queue for EF traffic. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I do regular make a wish but it feels like a black hole button since no real feedback is given.
By posting it here I just want to get fellow engineers like yourself also think about these features and also submit make a wishes so it get's noticed more 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels