Does Talos still block Fiery printing protocol over Client VPN w/no way to allow?

Solved
IT_Tropolis
Getting noticed

Does Talos still block Fiery printing protocol over Client VPN w/no way to allow?

Hi:

I'd like to know if Talos still blocks the EFI Fiery printing protocol over Client VPN with no way to allow.  Thus, I cannot update an MX past 15.44 firmware version because many users in the network use the Fiery Command WorkStation s/w when connected to Client VPN to print to a Fiery print server that is connected to a large Canon copier/printer.

Thank you,
Bob H.

1 Accepted Solution
IT_Tropolis
Getting noticed

Update:  I've updated firmware to version that uses NBAR and Talos, kept the Layer 7 rule denying all peer-to-peer traffic, and confirmed that printing is not denied from the Fiery Command Workstation s/w to Fiery printer when user is connected to Client VPN.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
IT_Tropolis
Getting noticed

Update:  I've updated firmware to version that uses NBAR and Talos, kept the Layer 7 rule denying all peer-to-peer traffic, and confirmed that printing is not denied from the Fiery Command Workstation s/w to Fiery printer when user is connected to Client VPN.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.