Create DHCP Pool on a Local Lan configuration on Meraki MX

Solved
Karlo_nico23
Here to help

Create DHCP Pool on a Local Lan configuration on Meraki MX

Hello Team,

I'm wondering if how can I create a DHCP Pool on a Local Lan Subnet (192.168.0.0/16.)

I want to create a DHCP Pool for 192.168.10.0/24 subnet and 192.168.20.0/24 subnet.

I know it cat be achieved using VLANs but their current setup is their using the whole 192.168.0.0/16.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you just need a bigger DHCP scope why not use 192.168.10.0/23?  Very simple then.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

You should still be fine to create the VLANs as long as DHCP isn't running for the whole 192.168.0.0/16 subnet. 

Enthusiast

Hello ,

I am avoiding to use  VLAN as they do not want to put up a Segmentation and do not want to have any changes on their core switch.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you just need a bigger DHCP scope why not use 192.168.10.0/23?  Very simple then.

Hello sir, what i need to to is to create a dhcp pool without creating vlans which is not possible in MX. I think i will be advising them to use VLANs as it is the best practice.

I just wanted to add. If you're setting all MX ports to access mode on a specific VLAN, nobody knows you're using VLANs. The VLAN ids will never exit the MX when configured like that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.