Configuring firewall Rules to block/allow domain names as a name not as an IP

Solved
Senan_Rogers
Getting noticed

Configuring firewall Rules to block/allow domain names as a name not as an IP

Hello Gents, 

I have a VPN between two Meraki MX,  which they have Enterprise licenses not  Advance License So the content filter is not available.

I am trying to apply a rule to block a domain name like "meraki.com "  in the Site-to-site outbound firewall under Organization-wide settings, but it seems Meraki is not supporting domain name in the Site-to-site outbound firewall but it is supported in the layer 3 Firewall.

for example  filter content.png

any advice?  
1 Accepted Solution

Is the spoke using a full tunnel to the hub and access the Internet that way - and you want to block some Internet requests?

Normally I would use the content filtering and block the URL.  Not sure how to go about this with only an Enterprise licence.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are correct, that is not supported.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are the MX's in different organisations, and as a result you are not using AutoVPN?

Hello Phil,

both MX is in the Same Organization but in different Network, as one of them act as a HUB and the other as Spoke ( site ).

Is the spoke using a full tunnel to the hub and access the Internet that way - and you want to block some Internet requests?

Normally I would use the content filtering and block the URL.  Not sure how to go about this with only an Enterprise licence.

vpn- filter site.png

Yes, this is why I have added this post, I know how to do it using the content filter and block the URL as i show it in my previous picture.

As you said I cannot do it with Enterprise Licence, we need Advance Security.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.