Azure AD SSO with AnyConnect issues

Solved
Phil_SCDS
Getting noticed

Azure AD SSO with AnyConnect issues

I am attempting to enable SSO for Cisco AnyConnect through Meraki using Azure AD as the Ipd.

I am following this guide:

AnyConnect Azure AD SAML Configuration - Cisco Meraki

Which in step 7 says to set these two values in Azure like this:

If my AnyConnect Server URL is "vtk-qpjgjhmpdh.dynamic-m.com", the Entity ID and Reply URL will be configured as follows:

a. Identifier (Entity ID)  - https://vtk-qpjgjhmpdh.dynamic-m.com/saml/sp/metadata/SAML 
b. Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) - https://vtk-qpjgjhmpdh.dynamic-m.com/saml/sp/acs

When I test the SSO in Azure it gets pass the Azure authentication and it attempts to load the Reply URL above but I get an error 404 message.

This guide from Microsoft:

Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with Cisco AnyConnect - Microsoft ...

Gives slightly different information about what the identifier and Reply URL should be but I am still unable to get the test to work correctly.

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution
AaronDo
Here to help

If you are using a custom port, make sure to add it.  For example, \

HTTPS://VTK-QPJGJHMPDH.DYNAMIC-M.COM:4433/SAML/SP/METADATA/SAML 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the DDNS entry resolving in DNS (VTK-QPJGJHMPDH.DYNAMIC-M.COM in your example)?

Are you testing this from outside of the MX?

AaronDo
Here to help

If you are using a custom port, make sure to add it.  For example, \

HTTPS://VTK-QPJGJHMPDH.DYNAMIC-M.COM:4433/SAML/SP/METADATA/SAML 

Phil_SCDS
Getting noticed

Both PhilipDAth and AaronDo were correct, I needed to test it from outside my MX and I had forgotten to add teh custome port. Thank you both for you help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.