Azure AD Integration for MX Group Policies

Roblowe6981
Conversationalist

Azure AD Integration for MX Group Policies

Does anyone know if the existing integration for Active Directory with MX (for group policy assignment) has been ported to Azure/Entra? I cant seem to find any docs on it but i was hoping to use this for a deployment.  

3 Replies 3
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

AFAIK there's no support for AAD currently.

Obrez
Here to help

I just updated my thread on this.  Our org was fighting with the same issue, as we are moving to MX from ASA, and we have many contractors that need specific access over VPN.  The only way I was able to solve the issue was to use the NPS Azure AD mfa plugin.  Instructions found here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-nps-extension

then I used Filter-ID in NPS connection policy to push Meraki group policy for specific firewall rules.  So far it has been working great.  Let me know if you need any help or mor info.  Cheers!

Roblowe6981
Conversationalist

Thanks Obrez, sounds similar to what I want to do but mine is for internal LAN users not VPN. I'm looking for an equivalent to the AD integration that allows group policies to be applied to users after they've logged into a domain account. Seems this isnt available with Azure AD so may have to go down the route of NAC or RADIUS auth. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels