AutoVPN Hub and templates

mat1458
Getting noticed

AutoVPN Hub and templates

Can a hub site be in a network that is bound to a template? (i.e. a template for all hubs in the organization)

When I try to configure this the active MX in the sites never get selectable as hubs in the spoke configuration.

6 Replies 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@kYutobi: I do not find anything specific about AutoVPN Hubs in the document. Am I missing something there?

Let me rephrase my question: How does the Meraki Cloud populate the list for hubs in the Site-to-Site VPN configuration for spokes? In my opinion it makes a difference if a hub network is bound to a template or if it's not. I want to understand the reason why it is that way. I did not find any documentation that points this out.

Hi,  Did you get any resolution to your question?  I'm having a similar issue where Hub networks in templates are not showing up in spoke network hub lists.

Hello everyone,

I have found out that we are unable to configure a node to be a spoke off a hub if the hub is bound to a template. This has been bugged to understand the expected behavior as it is not documented within the Template nor the Auto VPN Hub deployment guides. 

I will update this post once I hear back from MX development team. 

Cheers,

Gaurav

Greetings everyone,

I can confirm that AutoVPN hubs should not be added to templates at all. It is not possible to configure an MX as a spoke with an exit hub that is part of a template. I will also update the AutoVPN template and deployment guides ASAP. 

Cheers,

Gaurav

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.