All of a sudden Anyconnect VPN users cannot access resources; Non-existent domain on nslookup

Solved
from_afar
Getting noticed

All of a sudden Anyconnect VPN users cannot access resources; Non-existent domain on nslookup

I started getting messages from users this morning that connecting to AnyConnect, they all of a sudden cannot access resources. I tried connecting myself, and when the VPN is active, I get a Non-existent domain error with nslookup. Connected locally, everything works fine. All dns servers are up and running. The adapter says "unidentified connection" as well. I can ping the dns server when connected, though. Any idea what could be causing this issue? I have not made any changes to any of the settings and things worked fine yesterday. 

1 Accepted Solution

I contacted the NOC and they couldn't help me. 

It looks like they (AT&T) enabled Umbrella and I haven't had the chance to set up the local appliance yet so all DNS was failing. I disabled Umbrella and things are working again. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is nothing reported by Meraki, have you contacted support to check?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I contacted the NOC and they couldn't help me. 

It looks like they (AT&T) enabled Umbrella and I haven't had the chance to set up the local appliance yet so all DNS was failing. I disabled Umbrella and things are working again. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.