All of a sudden Anyconnect VPN users cannot access resources; Non-existent domain on nslookup

Solved
from_afar
Getting noticed

All of a sudden Anyconnect VPN users cannot access resources; Non-existent domain on nslookup

I started getting messages from users this morning that connecting to AnyConnect, they all of a sudden cannot access resources. I tried connecting myself, and when the VPN is active, I get a Non-existent domain error with nslookup. Connected locally, everything works fine. All dns servers are up and running. The adapter says "unidentified connection" as well. I can ping the dns server when connected, though. Any idea what could be causing this issue? I have not made any changes to any of the settings and things worked fine yesterday. 

1 Accepted Solution

I contacted the NOC and they couldn't help me. 

It looks like they (AT&T) enabled Umbrella and I haven't had the chance to set up the local appliance yet so all DNS was failing. I disabled Umbrella and things are working again. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is nothing reported by Meraki, have you contacted support to check?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I contacted the NOC and they couldn't help me. 

It looks like they (AT&T) enabled Umbrella and I haven't had the chance to set up the local appliance yet so all DNS was failing. I disabled Umbrella and things are working again. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.