Equipment webinars

Solved
patk1
Comes here often

Equipment webinars

Do the webinars that give away free equipment have to approved?  I've signed up twice, and in both cases never received a confirmation email.  Therefore, I was never able to view these.

I looked into these webinars at the suggestion of my Meraki sales rep.  But oddly he has not responded to my emails or phone calls about this issue.  So I thought I would ask here before moving on.  I'm just baffled by all of this. Smiley Frustrated  Needless to say, doesn't leave a good impression.

Thanks for any feedback. I appreciated it.

1 Accepted Solution
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @patk1 - 

It looks like, in your particular case, your mail server is giving us this message when we attempt to send the confirmation emails: "550 Sender's policy prohibits this message: Quarantine"

Perhaps try signing up with a different email address, or talk to whoever manages your email? 

Cheers!

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @patk1 -

Thanks for letting us know! I'm looking into this for you and will update here as soon as I know what's going on. Folks definitely DO get equipment from the webinars!

Cheers!

- Caroline

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I'll also add that I did an MS webinar over a week ago. Never heard from the assigned rep (not you, @MerakiDave!) and he hasn't responded to emails about the free switch. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

Thanks @CarolineS for looking into that.  I won't pretend to understand the details, but sometimes there are certain restrictions, for example certain USAC/Erate funding rules might prohibit K12 customers from receiving free equipment.  So depending on what business vertical you're in, perhaps whatever local/national rules/regulations might come in to play, that could be a reason why free webinar equipment is not showing up.  Or it could just be timing!  I think it typically takes a couple months, possibly more.  Anyway, let's let Caroline answer back with the best email/team to reach out to.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @patk1 - 

It looks like, in your particular case, your mail server is giving us this message when we attempt to send the confirmation emails: "550 Sender's policy prohibits this message: Quarantine"

Perhaps try signing up with a different email address, or talk to whoever manages your email? 

Cheers!

- Caroline

patk1
Comes here often

Caroline,

Thanks for the response.  The very first time I signed up, the spam filter on the email server caught the confirmation.  However, I white-listed it, so everything should have been good to go.  Or so I thought.  Was the message you referenced from my most recent sign-up? If so, that is odd.

I'll look into it further, but I do have another email I can use in the mean time.  Thanks clearing this up.

Pat

patk1
Comes here often

I discovered that my whitelist for meraki was just for my sales rep. Duh! So I changed it to include the whole domain. Hopefully that will fix this issue. I guess I'll try signing up for another webinar to see. Smiley Happy

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh, great @patk1! Glad we got to the bottom of it!

patk1
Comes here often

@CarolineS wrote:

Oh, great @patk1! Glad we got to the bottom of it!

Well, maybe not. Smiley Sad  I should be getting  an email notification when someone replies to this post.  But I'm not.  Who can I check with to find out if the same "550 Sender's policy prohibits this message: Quarantine" message is still be generated at my mail server?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.