When was my device registered?

Solved
KRam
New here

When was my device registered?

Hello, I took over a network and am trying to determine how long my devices have been in service. I can get all the serials from the portal but am unable to locate when they were registered or put in service. Is this available someplace?

1 Accepted Solution
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Organization -> Inventory will display the date the Serial was claimed into your Org. 

Organization -> Overview will display the creation of the network

Organization -> Change Log might display the date which the serial was added to a network.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can find it in the change log, but there is a maximum time the logs are retained, so if it's something very old you probably won't have the information.

alemabrahao_0-1707496649871.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

alemabrahao_0-1707496841023.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Organization -> Inventory will display the date the Serial was claimed into your Org. 

Organization -> Overview will display the creation of the network

Organization -> Change Log might display the date which the serial was added to a network.

Hope that helps.

If I'm not mistaken, this is only valid for co-termination, for per device license it is in the Change log of Inventory. 😛

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KRam
New here

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! The best place I found was actually under Inventory, then Licenses which shows the activation date. Thanks to all for the help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.