Welcome to Meraki, and to the New to Meraki board!

Ian-V
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Welcome to Meraki, and to the New to Meraki board!

Hello!

Welcome to Meraki! 

If you’re new to Meraki gear and/or the Meraki Dashboard, this is the group for you. We have a group of Merakians and community members ready to answer your questions and take your feedback. For videos and guides on getting started, check out our Resources page.

Even if you don’t have a question at the moment, we want to learn about you! Please take a moment to introduce yourself and your goals with Meraki by replying below.

Cheers!
Ian-V and the New to Meraki User Group team

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
14 REPLIES 14
Jonathan-S
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Ian!

I am also part of the team supporting the New to Meraki User Group and I'm looking forward to helping out those who are new to Meraki! I've been with Meraki for a couple of years now and I am currently based out of the Chicago Meraki office.

Excited to share some Meraki knowledge.

Jonathan

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Hi Ian and Jonathan,

I too am part of the team supporting New to Mearki User Group. I'm looking forward to watching this group grow and helping users get the information they need. I'm based out of the San Francisco Meraki Office.

Looking forward to helping out.

Kathleen

j_verlaine
Conversationalist

Hello my name is verlaine,currently i am preparing my devnet associate cert 200-901

i am very interested by Meraki,my aim is to learn more from my elders here what we achieve with meraki in a world where technologies can bring change.

after the devnet cert i would to dedicate my time here

1 question where to start ?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@j_verlaine I'd suggest starting by looking for the reasonably regular webinars where you can get a free access point.  This will then allow you to we for yourself how rich the information collected is, both in terms of diagnosis and usage.

If you can't find a suitable webinar then you can often trial equipment for a project.

We started down the Meraki route with a couple of wireless access points, then used MXs to create a wide area network and more recently have been replacing en of support Cisco IOS switches with Meraki ones.

The visibility and ease of use is fantastic!

j_verlaine
Conversationalist

Thank you so much 

universal_man
Conversationalist

Hello fellow merakin's, I am universal_man and thank you for the warm welcome. I am the new kid to meraki and need to get back to my studies. I am extremly excited about my new quest of becoming a Meraki engineer. So I must study hard and learn all I can to contribute to this forum. Thanks

universal_man

So nice to have the support the this community! GO MERAKIANS! 

BeintheNOW
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

New with Meraki--Feels great to be apart of of this community! 

Excited to be here!

saraborges
Conversationalist

É muito bom iniciar essa jornada sabendo que temos essa rede de apoio! 

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Bem-vindo! Você também pode conferir nosso fórum de discussão em português: https://community.meraki.com/t5/T%C3%B3picos-em-Portugu%C3%AAs/bd-p/portugues

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
TterVelde
Just browsing

Hallo

My name is Taco and have quite some experience with networking and Meraki is the new player in the field for me. Hoping to learn here

Hi Taco,

Welcome to the New to Meraki board! I'm sure you will be able to both learn and ask questions here.

Kathleen

JMY34
Getting noticed

I'm new to Meraki. My background is primarily in hardware and software installation/troubleshooting. Networking is where I'm looking to expand into, and Meraki in particular. I'm glad to be a part of this community and look forward to learning.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the Meraki Community!

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.