Merkai open security with splash page issue

Keith_Li
Comes here often

Merkai open security with splash page issue

Dear All, 

I have a question would like to ask regarding on the ssid i create by using "open" security with splash page settings, and the splash behavior have set to every 2 hours, and our customers reported that after they connected to this ssid, and they need to manual reconnect the ssid in with landing pages popup again in order to re-connect after they close the screen on their phone, but the connected time is still not yet reached 2 hours, any idea why i need to connect it again ? any help would be appreicated 

Keith 

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Only thing i can think of is that its related  to mac randomization. Ask if the customer have this enabled and if they can try without it

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Meraki_and_MAC_Addres...

Keith_Li
Comes here often

yes i remembered there is private mac address enabled by default in IOS devices, and i been googled and see there is a way to turn off MAC Randomization under "system manager" in meraki dashboard, but i didn't find this tab, any idea where it is located ? Thanks 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.