Merkai open security with splash page issue

Keith_Li
Here to help

Merkai open security with splash page issue

Dear All, 

I have a question would like to ask regarding on the ssid i create by using "open" security with splash page settings, and the splash behavior have set to every 2 hours, and our customers reported that after they connected to this ssid, and they need to manual reconnect the ssid in with landing pages popup again in order to re-connect after they close the screen on their phone, but the connected time is still not yet reached 2 hours, any idea why i need to connect it again ? any help would be appreicated 

Keith 

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Only thing i can think of is that its related  to mac randomization. Ask if the customer have this enabled and if they can try without it

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Meraki_and_MAC_Addres...

Keith_Li
Here to help

yes i remembered there is private mac address enabled by default in IOS devices, and i been googled and see there is a way to turn off MAC Randomization under "system manager" in meraki dashboard, but i didn't find this tab, any idea where it is located ? Thanks 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.