Meraki Go, how to get printers online? For a low tech person

Solved
megan2
New here

Meraki Go, how to get printers online? For a low tech person

UPDATE: With some help from Meraki support, I learned the network the printer was on needed to be in bridge mode. Working now!

Hi,

I recently just set up the Meraki Go GX with 1 wifi router. Everything is connecting beautifully except my HP 8600 wireless printer. Is there a setting I need to change in the Go app in order for it to work? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution
megan2
New here

Putting that network in Bridge mode worked!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Megan2,

There is nothing on the Meraki side that is blocking the printer. I would suggest powering down your printer for a minute and then powering it up again. It will need to get a new IP address and you can verify this on the display. 

I hope this helps.

Kathleen

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have powered down and restarted the printer several times and unfortunately still no success. It stays on the Setting Up window for a very long time, and then I get this error. (screenshots attached) I have tried completely resetting the printer to factory settings, and tried a different printer as well (same model). I had the same issues with both of them. This is the only device I'm having issues with so far!

Previously I was using a Meraki Z1 with these printers without an issue. I did not set up the Z1 myself however, so I'm uncertain if any other setting was required in order to be able to connect to the printers. Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 12.40.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-03 at 12.43.08 PM.png

KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is AirPrint your SSID?

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

I'm such a novice at this, I'm not sure what SSID even is! How could I check?

SSID is the name of your wifi network. Examples might be office or guest.

I did find a discussion on an HP forum that stated UDP port 5353 may need to be enabled for port forwarding. Also, as a sanity check make sure other devices have access to the SSID you are using for the printers.

Is it possible to explain how I would do this within the Meraki Go settings? I don't know what any of that means, my apologies!

megan2
New here

Is this possibly it? I get an error when I try to save, regardless of a range or a single number just in the first field. Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 1.15.29 PM.png

megan2
New here

Putting that network in Bridge mode worked!

KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'm glad you were able to solve this!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.