Issue with Anywhere Connect AD Authentication (Meraki)

Curits
New here

Issue with Anywhere Connect AD Authentication (Meraki)

Hey Guys,

Looking for some advice for something, we have just installed a new Meraki device at a customers, this is my first time using one of these. I have gone to enable Anywhere Connect for user VPN access. I have got it working when using Meraki Cloud Authentication but we are wanting to use the local active directory. I have entered the domain name, IP of server and then username and password of the domain admin. It doesn't seem to have any issues with it but when I go to authenticate myself on the client also as an admin (tried a separate admin account and the one entered into Meraki) it just doesn't authenticate. Is there something further I need to do here?

Thanks for the help in advance.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There are some step configurations in AD that you must follow:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Configuring_Active_Direc...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For this to work the AD controller must have a certificate installed (self signed is fine) as the MX uses LDAPs.  One of the easier ways to do this is to install just the IIS Manager (you don't need IIS itself installed), click on certificates, and then click on create self-signed certificate.

PhilipDAth_0-1671044946366.png

PhilipDAth_1-1671044971336.png

Rick-G
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey Curits!

The previous advice about using the documentation to retrace your steps is great advice. An additional resource to help troubleshoot once you confirm proper configuration can be found here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/AnyConnect_on_the_MX_Appliance/AnyConnect_Troubleshoo...

It outlines several scenarios where authentication can fail and provides steps for remediation. Please give that a shot and if you continue to have issues, please let us know!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.