Isolate one location from my organization

Solved
Shubh3738
Getting noticed

Isolate one location from my organization

Hi,

Can anyone help me.

I have to remove only one network location from my organization and handover the same to another user with full privileges and with license.

I don't need to manage that location after the given full permissions to him.

1 Accepted Solution
a5it
Getting noticed

Step 1: Create a New Organization for the Network

1. Navigate to 'Organization > Configure > Create Organization' in the Meraki Dashboard.
  2. Name the new organization.
  3. Click on 'Create Organization'.

Step 2: Move the Network to the New Organization

1. Go to 'Organization > Overview'.
  2. Select 'Change Organization' from the dropdown menu on the network you wish to move.
  3. Choose the new organization you created.

Please note that moving a network to a new organization will remove all historical data, such as event logs and usage statistics. The configuration settings will be retained.

Step 3: Assign Full Privileges to the New User

1. In the new organization, navigate to 'Organization > Administrators'.
  2. Click on '+ Add Administrator'.
  3. Enter the new user's email address.
  4. Set the role to 'Organization Owner' to grant full privileges.
  5. Click on 'Create'.

Step 4: Transfer the License

Licenses are tied to the organization, not the network, so you'll need to split your license if it's currently covering other networks.

1. Go to 'Organization > Configure > License Info'.
  2. Click on 'License more devices'.
  3. Follow the prompts to split your license.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to build a new organisation, and add a new network in the new org. Then the devices and the licenses have to be moved to the new org/network:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/How_to_Request_a_License_Transfer

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Shubh3738 we had to do the same (although I was in control of both losing and gaining organisation) and it was easy, for most APs that we moved over the user sessions didn't even drop!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the network is going into a brand new organisation (and this is a compulsory requirement for this option), open up a support case and request an "org split".

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Organization_Spli... 

This lets you move any number of networks, devices and licences into a brand new organisation.  You can not org split into an existing organisation.

a5it
Getting noticed

Step 1: Create a New Organization for the Network

1. Navigate to 'Organization > Configure > Create Organization' in the Meraki Dashboard.
  2. Name the new organization.
  3. Click on 'Create Organization'.

Step 2: Move the Network to the New Organization

1. Go to 'Organization > Overview'.
  2. Select 'Change Organization' from the dropdown menu on the network you wish to move.
  3. Choose the new organization you created.

Please note that moving a network to a new organization will remove all historical data, such as event logs and usage statistics. The configuration settings will be retained.

Step 3: Assign Full Privileges to the New User

1. In the new organization, navigate to 'Organization > Administrators'.
  2. Click on '+ Add Administrator'.
  3. Enter the new user's email address.
  4. Set the role to 'Organization Owner' to grant full privileges.
  5. Click on 'Create'.

Step 4: Transfer the License

Licenses are tied to the organization, not the network, so you'll need to split your license if it's currently covering other networks.

1. Go to 'Organization > Configure > License Info'.
  2. Click on 'License more devices'.
  3. Follow the prompts to split your license.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.