Downstream Router for Segregated Resources

Solved
Image_Acquire
Here to help

Downstream Router for Segregated Resources

I have recently replaced a patchwork collection of TP-Link routers with a Meraki Go Router Firewall Plus (GX50), a Meraki Go switch (GS110-8), and 4 Meraki Go Wifi 6 Access Points.  Everything is working well so far, and the 4 WiFi access points are giving us a consolidated wireless network available throughout our site.  I am trying to eliminate all the TP-Link routers from the network.  Here's what I'd like to do:

I have a TP-Link router currently plugged into one of the LAN ports of the GX50.  This router serves as a downstream network to segregate more sensitive resources that only a subset of users need access to.  The WAN port of the TP-Link I want to replace has an IP of 10.1.10.100 (Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0), and provides DHCP services for its LAN network of 192.168.11.x (Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0).  The TP-Link router also broadcasts a separate WiFi network for the 192.168.11.x LAN network.  I was planning on adding another Meraki Go WiFi 6 access point connected to the LAN port of this other downstream router.  I assumed that I just needed to buy an additional GX50 and add it into the Meraki Go configuration, but the interface says I can only have one GX50.

Perhaps I am not conceptualizing this correctly.  How can I accomplish this, or do I just need to leave the TP-Link router in place because it can't be done with the Meraki Go hardware? 

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is a specific community for Meraki GO.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is a specific community for Meraki GO.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you.  I have moved the question and follow-up conversation to that community.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.