DHCP relay

SOLVED
Penelope
New here

DHCP relay

I'm getting my network setup while I wait for my order to arrive and I've run into an issue around DHCP.

I need to setup a DHCP relay as shown in this article - https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/DHCP/Configuring_DHCP_Relay - but I do not see a DHCP relay option for my network (see picture below)

chrome_33bKJFOHmu.png

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Penelope

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jonathan-S
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Penelope,

To leverage a DHCP relay option, the MX appliance must be in "Routed" mode and also you must have VLANs enabled. Both of these settings can be verified by navigating to Security & SD-WAN > Addressing & VLANs from within your Meraki Dashboard portal.

Let us know if you have any additional questions around this.

Thanks!

Jonathan

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-S
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Penelope,

To leverage a DHCP relay option, the MX appliance must be in "Routed" mode and also you must have VLANs enabled. Both of these settings can be verified by navigating to Security & SD-WAN > Addressing & VLANs from within your Meraki Dashboard portal.

Let us know if you have any additional questions around this.

Thanks!

Jonathan

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Ah ha, thank you @Jonathan-S! I'm all sorted now. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.