radius.meraki.com certificate renewal

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

radius.meraki.com certificate renewal

Hi all,

for one customer we are using the Sentry Cloud authentication for Wireless. When the certificate renewal was announced, I looked a couple of times that all users were online in the dashboard and thought "everything is fine".

Now I checked with the script that @PaulF provided to find out that 71 out of 73 PCs don't have the new certificate. I also checked the certificates list in the dashboard and yes, the only radius.meraki.com certificate is one that expired on August 01, 2022.

The documentation says that the devices just have to be online and I also saw up to date "check-in" in the SM dashboard.

Any idea?

Karsten

3 REPLIES 3
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It might be any idea to start forcing the check in of devices, both from a client perspective, and also from an MDM perspective

However, if devices are online and not checking in, it might be an idea that you speak to Meraki support to diagnose what the issue is.

Also, thanks for testing the script. I'm glad that it's already highlighted some devices 🙂

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also, thanks for testing the script. I'm glad that it's already highlighted some devices 🙂

I was very pleased that the script also directly took the API-Key from the environment instead from the parameter. Perhaps the CSV would be better with one client per line. It would directly give an info about the amount of affected devices.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PaulF wrote:

It might be any idea to start forcing the check in of devices, both from a client perspective, and also from an MDM perspective

I tried that from the dashboard, but it didn't change anything.

How can I force it on a Windows Client? They all have the Agent installed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels