iOS/iPadOS Return to Service

Slobs2
Getting noticed

iOS/iPadOS Return to Service

Hello! I see that SM supports the new iOS/iPadOS 17 feature "Return to Service", which allows you to wipe a device but send a WiFi profile to have it set itself up after the wipe. You can find this feature on the new SM interface when you check the box of a device and then under command, erase devices. I've tried it a few times but it only unenrolls the device and wont wipe it. I don't see any documentation on Meraki's site, only on Apple's site. I have a case in but has anyone else tried this feature?

9 Replies 9
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Can you raise a case for this please? And Direct Message me the case number when done?

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have yet to try this but I will try and test this myself with a device today if I can. 

beks88_
Here to help

Tried this feature several times now, but it always just tells "Management profile removed" on the dashboard.

On the device itself seems like nothing has changed.

I can still find all apps and the management profile under the device settings.

I didn't file a case yet

Systems Manager enthusiast
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Engineering are working on this. Stay tuned.

SimonCUK
New here

Hi, is there any update on this?  We would like to use it too.

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Meraki have a case open with Apple on this currently, so no update as of yet. As soon as we have an update, we'll update this thread

GSMITH
Conversationalist

@PaulF @Slobs2 @beks88_ Have you all received any updates with this? I attempted to use it and ran into the same issues. 

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Meraki SM and Apple are still working together on this, but no ETA for resolution at this time.

GSMITH
Conversationalist

Okay, thank you for the update. I was eager to try this in preparation for our summer iPad resets, so I wanted to check in and see if anyone had heard anything. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels