Wallpaper not installing via a profile appears as unknown payload

Deborah
Here to help

Wallpaper not installing via a profile appears as unknown payload

As the subject says, it stopped working about a year ago. 

At the moment I am installing manually, but it is just a pain and I do need to get this fixed.

Something is being sent to the iPads. If I go into General > VPM & Device Management > Meraki Systems Manager > More details. I can see that Wallpaper is listed under Unknown Payloads.

I have searched the forums and I found similar posts in 2017 & 2019, but there is no resolution and it appeared to start working again a few days later.

This is happening on the 9th Gen iPad and I am using the latest iOS - also happened on previous versions.

Please help me

Thanks

Deborah

1 Reply 1
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Deborah,

So wallpapers on iOS are actually a one-time command, rather than a static payload so to speak. When a wallpaper payload is configured, we actually send the device a SettingsCommand.Command.Settings.Wallpaper command that details the image to use.

For more information, see: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/settingscommand/command/settings/wallpape...

I would recommend opening a support case though so we can dig a little deeper into the issue - I'm aware of an issue when you have a wallpaper but are using Shared iPad, so it may be similar depending on your configuration. 

Cheers,

Connor

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels