Systems Manager Agent License doesn't reflect after removing from the device

Solved
Rae
Conversationalist

Systems Manager Agent License doesn't reflect after removing from the device

I removed the Mac device from the SM Agent, clean out all except from the ABM.

I would like to reuse back the license, but it does seems to reflect back the license at my Meraki Dashboard.

Usually how long does it takes for the removes license to add it back to the inventory for me to reuse it?

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You need to remove the device per the process I mentioned. This doc also mentions it needs to be removed from the device list, not just unenrolled.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Systems_Manager_Licensing#Exceedin...

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Should be immediate. I just tested by removing two clients (one from SM and one from Trusted Access section) and the two licenses were available immediately. You're choosing remove from this network under the Systems Manager client list page?

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Rae
Conversationalist

I go to the System Manager > Device > then I Unenroll the device from the list there.

After that I restore the device as per the guide from Cisco Meraki.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You need to remove the device per the process I mentioned. This doc also mentions it needs to be removed from the device list, not just unenrolled.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Systems_Manager_Licensing#Exceedin...

Ryan / Meraki SE

Rae
Conversationalist

I followed this guide ;

1. To delete the agent: on the Mac, download our uninstaller from Dashboard by navigating to Systems Manager > Manage > Add Device > macOS. Extract this download and run the application to remove Systems Manager from the device.
  2. To delete the profile: on the Mac, open System Settings > Privacy & Security Profiles, select the Meraki Management profile and use the subtract button to remove. Older MacOS systems ( < MacOS 13) will need to navigate to System Preferences > Profiles, which will only be shown if at least one configuration profile is installed on the device.

If the device has been enrolled via ADE the configuration may prevent management profile removal. To remove management or re-enroll an MacOS device, update the ADE settings in Dashboard to the desired configuration, then factory reset the device. To remove a device from management long term or permanently, release it from ADE via Dashboard or the Apple School Manager / Apple Business Manager portal.

Rae
Conversationalist

Thank Ryan.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels