Signing Certificate Expired

Solved
Sushilthapa
Just browsing

Signing Certificate Expired

Most of our devices enrolled in Meraki are showing the last MDM check-in date and time a few months back and I realized it is happening because our *meraki.com signing certificates expired on that day. Is there any way I can resync or renew those certificates remotely as all of those devices are already out in the field? 

1 Accepted Solution

Usually, the *meraki.com certificate doesn't impact the check-in functionality and is only a part of new device enrollment.

To investigate further I suggest ensuring the Apple push topic matches on the iOS devices and dashboard.

Dashboard - org > MDM > Apple push topic
iOS device - Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Meraki Systems Manager > Tapping on ‘more details’ > Mobile Device Management > Topic.

If it is not matching you will need to have it match. This may involve reverting the push topic and then renewing it - If this is not an option, it may be required to re-enroll the iOS devices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am not aware of any way of doing this via the dashboard. What type if devices are they?

iOS devices.

Usually, the *meraki.com certificate doesn't impact the check-in functionality and is only a part of new device enrollment.

To investigate further I suggest ensuring the Apple push topic matches on the iOS devices and dashboard.

Dashboard - org > MDM > Apple push topic
iOS device - Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Meraki Systems Manager > Tapping on ‘more details’ > Mobile Device Management > Topic.

If it is not matching you will need to have it match. This may involve reverting the push topic and then renewing it - If this is not an option, it may be required to re-enroll the iOS devices.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels