Settings Missing from ADE Screen

JoniGraybill
New here

Settings Missing from ADE Screen

When I went to set up a new cell phone in our MDM yesterday, I found that none of our profiles are showing up on the Automated Device Enrollment Screen. I double-checked that they weren't marked as invisible under Manage profiles, but they weren't listed there either. 

When I looked under Settings all four of our standard profiles are still there. I created a new profile, but that one also did not push over to the ADE screen. 

On the ADE screen, it currently looks like NONE of our devices have settings assigned, but when I checked the individual devices, fortunately, the Pushed profiles are still on the devices themselves. I just can't assign settings to any new devices because I can't get any settings to appear under ADE. 

I've been managing our MDM for over three years and I have not encountered this before. 

5 Replies 5
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @JoniGraybill,

If you haven't already, can you open a Support case? Also feel free to DM me your network link (e.g. n146.meraki.com/...) and I can take a look. 

Cheers,

Connor

JoniGraybill
New here

Hi Connor!

Thank you for your reply. I put in a support case yesterday, but of course, the phone I need to push settings to is for a new executive-level staff member who starts tomorrow, so I'm getting to crunch time. I thought I'd try here as well. The case number is 11223872.

I will DM you our network link shortly. Appreciate your time!

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the Profiles inventory box on the device’s client details page. If a profile is set to deploy to the device, but it is not currently on the device (or an updated version exists), a command to Install updated/missing profiles will appear in the profiles inventory box.

Managed device does not receive deployed app or settings profile - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not sure if this is related or not but your not using the free version of Systems manager are you? 

To close the loop on this one, it was caused by a ADE Token update which in turn removed the ADE profiles from Dashboard (which can happen sometimes and we cannot recover). Recreating the ADE profile and assigning it to the relevant device(s) resolved the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels